Sunshine Smoothie Bowl
BY KUDI MARADZIKA
I'm currently man down in bed trying to shake off an impending cold…but a girl has got to eat right? I’ve been wanting to try more smoothie bowl recipes and I figured I may as well try and get a heavy dose of Vitamin C and eat something super tasty at the same time. Hope you enjoy this one! ☺️
SUNSHINE SMOOTHIE BOWL:
1 mango cut in cubes (frozen overnight)
1 pineapple diced (frozen overnight)
1 teaspoon of honey.
1 tin of coconut milk frozen in the fridge overnight
1 tablespoon of collagen powder or vegan protein powder ( Wazoogles is a great choice)
1/2 a cup of roasted almonds crushed.
1/2 cup of roasted Buckwheat and quinoa cereal (I’m using the one from Herbivore cereal)
- Blend the mango, pineapple and banana until smooth
- Add the protein or vegan powder.
- Drain the milk from the coconut can. Whisk the solid contents until whipped, add a pinch of brown sugar for flavouring.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish as desired.
WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM:
- A can of coconut cream,
- A teaspoon of honey
- Having kept the can overnight in the fridge open it. You'll notice there is a liquid mixture and cream. Drain the excess liquid mixture.
- Add the honey to the spooned out coconut cream together with the coconut oil.
- Whisk with a machine until peaks form.
- If the mixture is still liquid, place in the deep freeze for 20 minutes. Take it out then whisk again. It should peak perfectly!
Yes, it really is that simple, it took me 15 minutes to make and its delicious!